Thursday, February 12, 2009
Methodist Children's Hopsital
We just got home from a trip to the Methodist Children's Hospital, we ended up in the ER on Tuesday with Paige running a temperature. Little did I know when infants runs temperature it is bad and we found that out!!! I called the Dr. and she sent us directly to the children's ER which is in San Antonio we were admitted right away and the tests began. She got an IV right away and spinal tap. I had to leave the room, it was way to hard to see her getting stuck with a needle. She was a trooper and did scream but once it was over she did fine. We were then admitted and brought to a private room (so Patrick got to sleep on another chair that made into a bed - he says they are horrible to sleep on). Every two hours they took vitals and every six they gave her a really big dose of antibiotics. All the major tests we had back within an hour and all those where negative (menegitis, RSV and flu) then we had to wait for the culture which took 24 hours, so that is why we had to stay (when infants are sick they can go down really quickly so they wanted to keep her on IV fluids for at least 24 hours). The tests came back this morning and all were negative, the Dr. said she probably had a virus and the antibiotics took care of it and so this afternoon we were released (YEA!!!) not sleeping for two days gets really tough. While we were there she had an allergic reaction to the bedding and gown they put her in, so now our poor little girl has a horrible rash on her face, which will hopefully clear up quickly. We knew she would have sensative skin, how can she not we both do. So we are home and she appears to be back to normal, what an ordeal. This child is really trying to be an only child with all we've gone through and she is only 4 weeks old. Imagine what the rest of the 18+ years are going to be like if this is what the nine months and 4weeks have been like. We are in trouble!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm sorry you all had to deal with that, but I'm so glad you got to the hospital. I know it must have been excrutiating to watch and experience all of that. I hope you are able to get some rest and recover.
Post a Comment