Friday, February 6, 2009
Three Weeks
Three weeks ago at 4:53pm our lives changed forever. I can't believe she has been in our lives for three weeks already. She still has days and nights mixed up, we looked at each other from 2am to 5am this morning, she wasn't fussy, crying or upset, she just wanted to be held and look at me and make sure I was with her. Her Dr. says that she can't possibly have her days and nights mixed up but I would question that since she sleeps all day and is awake most of the night. My job today keep her up, that is a task, trying to keep a three week old awake, it is much harder then you would think and right know I'm failing because she is fast asleep and has been for the past two hours. She has gained a double chin so I guess she must not be missing too many meals, and her newborn clothes no longer fit. I can't believe she is growing so fast. She is holding her head up on her own more and during her "tummy" time she can change directions and hold her head up which are all new things she's learned in the last few days. I really wish she would slow down a bit, but I have always been told they grow fast enjoy every minute. I just didn't realize that it was this fast. We are adjusting to life as three and adjusting to life without sleep, which is particularly hard for me, but enjoying every minute, we are so very blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm afraid your "sleep" is gone for good. It's probably too early to expect her to sleep during the night. So who wakes up first when she cries/stirs? Pat or Leati? I'm thinking Leati.
Post a Comment