Friday, September 21, 2012

My babies, grow too fast.

"Listen earnestly to anything your children want to tell you, no matter what. If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff while they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff." Saw this on the internet and thought it made sense, to Paige everything she says is important, you can tell it in her face when she speaks, I get busy or am dealing with "brother" and don't tend to listen or react like she is expecting, after reading this quote, I need to take the time to listen to her stories, cause I do want her to tell me the big stuff when she is older. A constant reminder, that how you treat them when they are small, makes them the people they are when they are grown. "Train children in the right way, and when they are old, they will not stray" - Proverbs 22:6 Cooper is 6 weeks old, where does the time go??? He is an eater, he ways 10 pounds as of last Dr.'s visit, I don't think Paige weighed 10 pounds until she was 6 months old. He was showing some signs of colic the last couple weeks, but after a friend told me about a gas drop to give him, it appears to be taking care of the crying and screaming he was doing at night. Which we are glad of, the screaming was getting to us, especially Paige, so keeping our fingers crossed this stuff continues to work! Paige is doing great, she talks way too much, but she is a joy to be around. The things that come out of her mouth sometimes crack us up. I went into her room the other morning to get her ready for school, she wouldn't co-operate and then looked at me and said "Mommy, I'm too tired to get up", I told her I am tired too, her response "but Mommy, when I'm tired, I'm cranky!" This is true! Her new one, "Mommy do we have to bring "brother" with us today?" Yes, Paige we can't leave him at home alone, she just doesn't get why, he can't stay home alone! I am still so surprised at how well she has tolerated the new arrival, doesn't seem to have phased her any, which is a huge blessing! The transition, couldn't have been easier with her! Eventually I will get some pictures on here, so stayed tuned!

No comments: