Paige is 3 months old today! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by, she has changed so much in such a short amount of time. She is sleeping thru the night, we are very excited about that! She giggles and laughs alot and has started to "talk" to whomever is holding her, or she talks to the animals that hang from her car seat. She is still a thumb sucker and hair twirler, I guess this is something that isn't a passing thing she has to have her thumb to fall asleep, a habit I wish she wouldn't have started. She spends alot more time awake then she used too and only takes a small morning and afternoon nap and spends the rest of the time either in her swing, bouncy seat or carrier. She goes to bed realtively early, but doesn't fall asleep well that is usually an hour long process to get her in her room (yes, her room!) alseep for the night. We've talked to lots of mothers and all say we should just let her cry and she will fall asleep on her own, but I can't do that yet, and I have tried she just doesn't give up and has to fall asleep in mommy's arms. We go back to all her Dr.'s this week and will find out what her stats are with the new formula, her 0 to 3 month clothes is finally started to not fit, most of the newborn stuff is outgrown only because she is so long. Luckily we have gotten more wear out of the small stuff due to how little she is weight wise, but everything is too short, I guess she is going to be a really tall girl! We have a feeling she is starting to get some teeth she is drowling all the time and does like to chew on her bottle rather then drink it sometimes. So teeth are in the near future, I think. She is growing up way too fast, but we are taking lots of pictures to remember these days with her as a little baby. If only it took them a little longer to grow up, I already miss the newborn days. Enjoy the pictures they are from today her official three month "bithday"!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
3 months old!
Paige is 3 months old today! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by, she has changed so much in such a short amount of time. She is sleeping thru the night, we are very excited about that! She giggles and laughs alot and has started to "talk" to whomever is holding her, or she talks to the animals that hang from her car seat. She is still a thumb sucker and hair twirler, I guess this is something that isn't a passing thing she has to have her thumb to fall asleep, a habit I wish she wouldn't have started. She spends alot more time awake then she used too and only takes a small morning and afternoon nap and spends the rest of the time either in her swing, bouncy seat or carrier. She goes to bed realtively early, but doesn't fall asleep well that is usually an hour long process to get her in her room (yes, her room!) alseep for the night. We've talked to lots of mothers and all say we should just let her cry and she will fall asleep on her own, but I can't do that yet, and I have tried she just doesn't give up and has to fall asleep in mommy's arms. We go back to all her Dr.'s this week and will find out what her stats are with the new formula, her 0 to 3 month clothes is finally started to not fit, most of the newborn stuff is outgrown only because she is so long. Luckily we have gotten more wear out of the small stuff due to how little she is weight wise, but everything is too short, I guess she is going to be a really tall girl! We have a feeling she is starting to get some teeth she is drowling all the time and does like to chew on her bottle rather then drink it sometimes. So teeth are in the near future, I think. She is growing up way too fast, but we are taking lots of pictures to remember these days with her as a little baby. If only it took them a little longer to grow up, I already miss the newborn days. Enjoy the pictures they are from today her official three month "bithday"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ok. Here's my 2 cents on "crying it out" (and I've changed my position since being Abigail's mom): Babies cry for a reason. At 3 months old, she is not crying to try to manipulate you. She actually needs (or preceives that she needs) something. A 3 year old might cry to manipulate, but not a 3 month old. Check out the Sears method (google) for getting babies to sleep. I think that's the one. So at the same time that you are trying to figure out what Paige needs, you guys need to do some self care and tag team (which you probably already do). Use ear plugs when it's not your turn to put her to bed(seriously). The crying keeps you anxious (which she will sense) and you need to get some calmness, maybe with some candles and that big bath tub of yours (and ear plugs!)Pat has some snazzy colored ones he can bring home from work, otherwise you can get them at the drug store. I hope it gets better for you. She sure is a pretty baby.
Post a Comment