I've been reading lots of blogs lately and most of them are of babies and most of those babies have much worse problems then our baby does and it makes me realize how truly blessed we are to have Paige. I tend to get down when I think about the stress of her birth, the stressful pregnancy or our current life of visiting various Doctor's in San Antonio to visit the specialists and the reports from Doctors, but when I see those babies with heart problems and issues from prematurity, I realize we are so very blessed! Paige saw her dermotologist on Tuesday and I truly believe he just thinks she is cute and that is why he wants to keep seeing her, her rash has cleared up tremindously and her skin looks lots better, but he still wants to keep an eye on her so we go back in six weeks. We had an appointment with the internist this morning and although I'm shocked she hasn't put on the weight I expected, I really thought she had put on alot of weight. Last visit Paige weighed 10 pounds and 8 ounces now she is around 11 pounds she is really low on the weight percentile for babies her age (not sure what those percentiles mean) but know the Dr. is going to watch her due to her low numbers. She is growing in length when she was born she was 19.5 inches she is at 24 inches now and so her growth there is fine it is just her weight that is on the small side. Her Oma is skinny and her aunt (my sister) is skinny so maybe she is taking after them and this is just how she is going to be (I would love to not have to watch my weight, hee hee), we just don't know, but the Dr. is going to watch her and see how she does, but really not changing anything at this point. She will go back in two months. Other then that she still a much happier baby, even the Dr. noticed the change in her attitude, she giggled and smiled at the Dr. as she put the cold stethoscope on her stomach. She laughs at her daddy and loves to sit outside in the swing on the back porch and watch the birds, boats and loves the wind in her hair. She is so precious and I can't explain how you can possibly love someone so much, and I can't explain how in only three months I can't remember what life was like without her and I can't imagine my life without her. The above is a picture from today, on Dr. days she tends to sleep all day, for some reason going to the Dr. tires her out. The neck pillow on her lap is the way we have learned she likes to sleep, this keeps her stomach warm and she will sleep for hours with that on her, silly I know, but for some reason that is her security blanket. We continue on loving our little blessing!!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
We are blessed!
I've been reading lots of blogs lately and most of them are of babies and most of those babies have much worse problems then our baby does and it makes me realize how truly blessed we are to have Paige. I tend to get down when I think about the stress of her birth, the stressful pregnancy or our current life of visiting various Doctor's in San Antonio to visit the specialists and the reports from Doctors, but when I see those babies with heart problems and issues from prematurity, I realize we are so very blessed! Paige saw her dermotologist on Tuesday and I truly believe he just thinks she is cute and that is why he wants to keep seeing her, her rash has cleared up tremindously and her skin looks lots better, but he still wants to keep an eye on her so we go back in six weeks. We had an appointment with the internist this morning and although I'm shocked she hasn't put on the weight I expected, I really thought she had put on alot of weight. Last visit Paige weighed 10 pounds and 8 ounces now she is around 11 pounds she is really low on the weight percentile for babies her age (not sure what those percentiles mean) but know the Dr. is going to watch her due to her low numbers. She is growing in length when she was born she was 19.5 inches she is at 24 inches now and so her growth there is fine it is just her weight that is on the small side. Her Oma is skinny and her aunt (my sister) is skinny so maybe she is taking after them and this is just how she is going to be (I would love to not have to watch my weight, hee hee), we just don't know, but the Dr. is going to watch her and see how she does, but really not changing anything at this point. She will go back in two months. Other then that she still a much happier baby, even the Dr. noticed the change in her attitude, she giggled and smiled at the Dr. as she put the cold stethoscope on her stomach. She laughs at her daddy and loves to sit outside in the swing on the back porch and watch the birds, boats and loves the wind in her hair. She is so precious and I can't explain how you can possibly love someone so much, and I can't explain how in only three months I can't remember what life was like without her and I can't imagine my life without her. The above is a picture from today, on Dr. days she tends to sleep all day, for some reason going to the Dr. tires her out. The neck pillow on her lap is the way we have learned she likes to sleep, this keeps her stomach warm and she will sleep for hours with that on her, silly I know, but for some reason that is her security blanket. We continue on loving our little blessing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment